Transportation has become a necessary part of our day to day life. Except for the water mode, every other means of transportation requires tyres. Even aeroplanes require tyres to take off and land on the ground. Roadways are the most commonly used mean of transport. Wheels on our vehicle are important for the acceleration, steering and cornering stability and handling brakes. This is why it is important to know in which weather condition they are going to be used. Because not all tres can sustain cold or warmth, every season has a special kind of tyres that will offer you comfort and stability. For instance, summer tyres are for places with temperatures above 7°C whereas winter tyres are for areas with temperatures below 7 degrees Celsius. We understand changing tyres every season can be exhausting. That is why all-season tyres can handle most of the weather conditions.
All-season tyres are super cost-effective and save you the time and hassle of changing tyres every season. You can check out our services for tyres Llangefni. All-season can work efficiently in both cold and warm weather conditions. They come with wide tyres and tiny grooves. Wide tyres offer to handle while cornering at a high-speed rating. Whereas tiny grooves provide grip on icy and glassy roads. In addition to that, these tyres offer maximum traction on water-filled roads. All-season tyres are a combination of rigid rubber and tread compounds which improve the efficiency of these tyres. These tyres provide optimal performance up to 4°C temperature. Although, these tyres are a dead weight in extreme weather conditions. That is where winter tyres and summer tyres come in handy.
At high altitude temperature drop below 7°C. All-season tyres are not effective in such places. That is where winter tyres come into use. These tyres offer excellent gripping on the glassy and snowy surface. They have deep treads and thousands of grooves that allow you to move forward without slipping. Somehow snow has maximum friction with snow. That is why deep treads gather the snow and create friction between the tyres and snow on the ground. Whereas the deep irregular edges and grooves offer traction. Winter tyres seem quite expensive but they are a necessity in areas with temperatures below 7°C.
Summer tyres guarantee high grip levels on wet and dry roads because of their tread patterns and tread compounds. These tyres have more stability at a high-speed rating. Which mean this range of units can maintain their shape better. Hence, summer tyres function optimally at a higher speed than winter tyres.
This range of tyres has fewer sipes than their winter counterparts. As they do not need the same grip on the road as winter tyres need on snow. But they have tread bars to reduce the risk of hydroplaning. Sipes ensure more grip to the road, both longitudinally and laterally in warm weather conditions. This ensures more grip on wet and dry roads. In addition to that summer, tyres have a larger block-shaped pattern. It provides them large footprint with roads. In other words, there is an increase in the surface area which is in contact with the road. Large tread blocks offer better handling and have a massive impact on the braking distance.
Now leaving the winter tyres for all year might cross your mind. But it will only cost you more. Winter tyres have soft rubber compounds that will get softer as the temperature rises. Summer tyres offer greater traction on dry and wet ground. These tyres can tackle most weather conditions but they are not ideal for extremely hard cold weather. The rubber compound of summer tyres is harder than winter tyres. Also, it has less natural rubber and begins to harden below 7°C. Summer tyres are designed to stay soft with rising temperatures. A soft tyre will offer less friction which means more fuel efficiency. Get your summer tyres Llangefni.
Advantages of Summer Tyres
- Better responsiveness and agility
- Improved cornering and braking ability because of the hard rubber compound
- Less rolling resistance and more fuel efficiency mean reduced noise
Maintenance of Summer Tyres
- Clean your tyre before you store them. Preferably with detergent, water and tyre brush.
- Kindly do not use any kind of dressing or gloss products on your tyre before storing them. The tyre compounds ensure to resist ozone cracking and several other dynamic environmental stressors. The use of these products can reduce the longevity of your tyres
- Use airtight bags for each tyre. Make sure the bags are free of any moisture. Any moisture present in the bag can lead to evaporation of the oil from the rubber compound.
- Keep your tyres away from the sunlight at all times.
- Choose a location that is dark, cool and dry. Moderately ventilated but of course far from reach of sunlight. If there is any source of heat in the room make sure your tyres are shielded from it.
- Chemicals, particularly ozone is damaging tyres. Electric motors like generators, switches, compressors, central vacuum cleaners, furnaces, sump pumps, etc., use contact brushes to generate ozone. Make sure you store your tyres away from these items.
- Also avoid any kind of solvents, fuel and lubricant because even a single drop on them can ruin your tyres forever.
- If you are not storing your tyres in a bag. Make sure you store your tyres white area touching white walls and black touching black. Black rubber on the white side and black rubber have different compounds. The non-staining black rubber layer is on the white side to prevent oil migration from the black side. As the can lead to discolouration.
- Always stand them upright or stack them on their sides. But do not stack them too high to avoid tipping and damaging the tyre. You can also hang your tyres from the tyre rack or hooks. But never hand them unmounted as they can distort and damage the tyre.