Looking for a helpful program for organizing lists, filing structures and workflows? This is where SharePoint from Microsoft comes in. It is particularly interesting for teams, departments or individual projects. SharePoint summarizes all digital data and offers a common interface. In this way, all people involved have access to relevant data.
In practice, however, it quickly becomes apparent that SharePoint is designed for lists and files. This limits the field of application of the platform. This is where skybow ‘s “Dossiers” add-in comes in: It builds on SharePoint and adds important properties to it. In this way, SharePoint becomes the multifunctional tool that it is intended to be. This makes SharePoint a versatile management software. To enjoy this online platform to its fullest potential contact a Microsoft Consulting firm. Al Rafay Consulting is one of the best teams in SharePoint consulting. They can help you to maximize the benefits of SharePoint by using all its features to their full potential.
Table of Contents
Anyone who works or has worked with Microsoft SharePoint probably knows the advantages and disadvantages of the system. One of the positive aspects is that a new project can be created quickly and easily in SharePoint. SharePoint also already provides an intuitive user interface. This can be adapted or expanded according to needs. Documents, lists, various apps and a calendar are available as standard. In contrast to other solutions, it requires very little work to set up SharePoint. Another advantage is that with SharePoint there are no additional costs as with concepts based on databases. All of this makes integration particularly easy.
But there are also challenging aspects of SharePoint that can only be met by the expertise of a professional SharePoint Consulting firm. These are particularly evident in day-to-day work. For example, the comprehensive search within SharePoint is only possible to a limited extent. In SharePoint, there are main and sub-pages, which in turn contain tables, external documents and other data. With SharePoint, it is not possible to directly include all of this data in the search results without complex adjustments. Even tables created in SharePoint can only be combined with other tables with great difficulty.
- All relevant documents are clear and stored in one place
- Employees can see all the important information about their work area at a glance
- The intuitive control ensures short training times
- SharePoint is available everywhere over the Internet
- Permissions can be implemented individually, a team or project level
The system brings with it the following requirements:
- SharePoint is a “rudimentary” content management system
- The program usually does not replace a file server
- There are weaknesses in the search
- Interaction between multiple tables is made more difficult
- No documents can be stored within the tables
skybow took a closer look at these wishes and disadvantages of SharePoint. After the weaknesses had been precisely identified, a unique solution was designed with dossiers, which efficiently eliminates them. First of all, the way SharePoint organizes lists has changed. These are no longer independent of each other but are organized hierarchically in a database. This improves search and interaction within SharePoint. You now create lists as main or sub-lists, which are then connected to one another. With the improved search, it is possible to make complex queries and query associated data records. In this way, related data entered in a line for a specific definition can be found and imported by searching for the keyword.
Thanks to these properties, SharePoint, in combination with dossiers, becomes a comprehensive management software. You can use this to organize a wide variety of tasks in your company. Some of the possible uses of SharePoint with Dossier are:
- For building management as a central program that combines all data from rent payments to utility bills to the scheduler.
- Idea management in the form of brainstorming in which all employees take part.
- The internal personnel management – from time recording to expense reports to holiday planning – dossiers give you all management options.
- Organize, structure and plan individual projects quickly and easily with dossiers.
- In customer relationship management, dossiers provide all the important information. Contact and address data as well as the complete exchange of messages are provided centrally.
- Dossiers is GDPR compliant – all data is protected and can be protected from unauthorized access using permissions.
Implementing such central software is a big and important step for every company. Therefore, such a system should offer all the functions you need. The combination of SharePoint and dossiers meets these requirements. As an implementation partner of skybow, upgrade offers dossiers as a solution for your company. Contact us today and find out how dossiers from skybow and SharePoint can improve your workflows.