In this Article: Steps Related to Articles Want to make beautiful pencil drawing ideas but don’t know where to start? In this article, you will find the right information to do so!
Table of Contents
- Decide on the subject of your design. You can take inspiration from people, animals, still life or landscapes.
- Choose the pencil that best suits your purpose. With a normal pencil, you can get a medium thickness with less intense colour gradation. If you prefer a darker pencil, choose a B. The higher the number, the darker the graphite colour: for example, in 6B, you will get a deeper black than 2B. If you prefer a light line, use a harder pencil, such as H. Higher numbers indicate a lighter stroke so that 6H will be harder than 2H. You can find these pencils in any stationery shop. To make a good cool drawing, it is often necessary to use different types of pencils.
- The pencil’s tip should always be pointed, as it allows you to create a clearer and more accurate line.
- Choose the perfect type of paper. The Bristol card is among the best. The finish of the article should be smooth enough for a good result.
- Wash your hands often to keep the paper clean. Wash them before you start cool drawings, so you avoid smears and smudges. If you have a snack, wash your hands before returning to work.
- Do not lay your hand on the one line drawing. Try always to keep it on the white parts. Otherwise, you may wet the pencil line.
- Use foam rubber to erase the pencil line without risking damaging the paper.
- Make quick, lightweight lines to define outlines. Start by cool drawing idea the basic shapes that makeup objects, such as circles, squares, triangles and rectangles. In particular, pay attention to the dimensions (for example, the object on the right maybe two and a half times higher than the left).
- Erase and redraw what you are not satisfied with until the shapes have a look you want.
- Take as much time as you feel it is necessary to draw the shapes accurately so that the cool drawing is wonderful and convincing. The amount of detail cannot compensate for mistakes.
- As quickly as you are happy with the design look, work with chiaroscuro to increase the details.
- When you’re done, you can start adding some endings. Use a fine pen or sharp pencil to add some detail to darker areas.
- If you use a pen, erase the pencil strokes you drew for the initial shapes. Use a gum bag instead of a regular eraser.
- If you want, you can colour the drawing with a light stroke.
- Be proud of yourself for great results! If you are not yet satisfied with drawing, keep practicing to perfect the technique!
- Trust yourself!
- You have to be patient
- Be careful in drawing very good lines.
- Never start with solid lines.
- Have a good time!
- Before you start, make some sketches to warm up without judging the result.
- Make sure there is enough light for one line drawing.
- Do not doubt your abilities.
- Don’t stop trying!
- Don’t make comparisons between your works and those of other artists.
- Make light strokes to avoid problems if you want to erase part of the design.
- Don’t be afraid to change some details, even if it inspires someone’s appreciation. It is your design, so follow your instinct!
- Beware of people who might annoy and distract you.
- If you are planning to take a photo, ask the person’s permission first.
- Don’t emphasize yourself: just draw it!
- Decide whether to keep the design, sell it, or give it away. Don’t make easy decisions because it’s hard to put them back!
- Try to keep your hands on the paper to avoid streaks and smudging.
Things You Will Need
- Sheets of paper
- A normal eraser or gum-bread